Commonly seen in kitchens or other potentially hazardous areas. Made from fully fire-retardant materials, usually fibreglass and sometimes kevlar. Further used to smother and douse flames. Ideal for stopping fires before they start. However, fire blankets are not appropriate for use against large fires & boilover/chip pan fires.
Secondly, these are a range of top-quality slim fire blankets. Also suitable for smothering and extinguishing fires in homes, kitchens, schools, hospitals, laboratories, offices and factories. As well as this, Thomas Glover blankets offer a number of advantages over other blankets commonly available.
Advantages of Thomas Glover Fire Blankets:
- 12 month warranty.
- 200 gram cloth ensures flexibility and drapability.
- The suppleness and strength of the blanket ensures user confidence. Well insulated, yet easily drapes over the fire.
- Full traceability through individual blanket batch numbering.
- Flush end caps for easy cleaning.
- Hinged cap with security seal option avoids tampering of blankets.
- Produced under quality management system ISO 9001:2000 meeting strict quality control procedures.
- All blankets comply with BS EN 1869:1997 and are BSI kitemarked.