Fire Extinguisher Servicing
We offer detailed fire extinguisher servicing in order to ensure that your fire extinguisher is ready to save the day! Frequently servicing your fire extinguishers is important, as an extinguisher that doesn’t function is a risk to everyone. Fire extinguisher servicing could be the final result in the hour of need that should hopefully never happen. However, it is always better to be safe than sorry. A simple fire extinguisher servicing is worth so much more than just peace of mind, it could be worth a life.
A Basic Fire Extinguisher Servicing:
- Inspect for any corrosion, damage, etc.
- Next we check the extinguisher is unused. We do this by checking the safety pin, tamper seal and take a pressure gauge reading.
- Now we check that the instructions of operation are easily legible & clear.
- Then we remove the discharge hose to inspect for corrosion & blockages.
- After that, we then weigh the extinguisher before recording on the service label.
- Now we wipe down the extinguisher, before making sure that all wall mountings are secure.
Having a fire extinguisher servicing is a relatively hassle free ordeal. It is rarely an issue that affects businesses, but the possible consequences of not servicing your fire extinguisher can be devastating. A servicing could well be the difference between a quickly doused small fire to a fiery nightmare, it could be the difference between life and death.